Q: White smoke issuing from tail pipe.

I have white smoke coming out of my tail pipe. In addition, the engine rumbles and the car takes a while to start.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. This tends to happen on most vehicles when they have an internal engine problem. Most of the time it is a blown head gasket. When this occurs coolant can get into the combustion chamber and burn off causing the smoke. This will also make it harder for the fuel to burn efficiently causing the rough running. A compression test should be done first to see if there are any variation per cylinder indicating a head gasket problem. This test is done with a compression tester. You should should have the smoke from your engine inspected by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.