Q: Electronic Throttle Control Light On. Car will not start

asked by on November 14, 2016

Sometimes after stopping driving and parked for a while, car won't start.

ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) light on together with "Check Engine" Light on. The two lights just stayed on. All other lights are out. Car won't start at all when i turned the key to ignition. A low pitched groan also comes from passenger side cabinet after I cycle the key back. It sounds like an air leakage and rubber growling.

Sent to dealership three times. No Code. Cannot Duplicate. Everything is Fine. This is what dealership says. Wasted a lot of money on them.

Thanks if anyone could help out.

Hi there:

To be blunt; this is very baffling. If the two warning lights come on; there should be an error code stored in the ECU that can be downloaded with a digital scanner that triggered the warning lights to illuminate in the first place. If the dealership is saying no codes exist, it’s possible; although highly unlikely that the source of the problem is the ECU itself or there is a relay issue with the electronic throttle control on your Dodge Nitro. Before you head to the dealer again, contact one of our local professional mechanics to complete a simple check engine light is on inspection.