Q: dash and console lights out - 2005 Chevy Cobalt

when the key is turned to the acc position with headlights on, the dash lights are on. Once the car is started, all of the lights turn off. All of the fuses are good also. What else would cause this?

Try to adjust the dashboard light’s rheostat to see if it is turned all the way dim in such a way that you cannot see the lights. If the rheostat is turned up and it the lights are still not working, then check the body computer with a scan tool to see if it is getting signals from the headlight switch and rheostat light switch. If you are still having problems with this, consider having a local expert inspect the dashboard light system to pinpoint the repairs.