Q: My car has been sitting in a garage for 2 years

My car has been sitting for more than 2 years what should I do when I'm ready to drive it?

If gasoline was left in the fuel tank for 2 years, the tank would have to be thoroughly drained. The fuel filter should be replaced and it is preferred to remove the fuel injectors from the fuel rail and send them to a lab such as Mr. Injector for ultrasonic cleaning on a machine. During such service, the filter baskets in the injectors are removed and replaced with new filters, and then injector output and spray pattern is measured and documented. The other major issue is typically rust and corrosion in the brake system causing the brakes to be at best sticky and, at worst, rusted shut. The brakes might need to be disassembled and restored. Those are the two principal problem areas, fuel and brakes. Additional faults could come into view once the vehicle is actually running. If you want the vehicle inspected for any and all deficiencies, right at your location, please request a vehicle inspection and the responding certified mechanic will address all of your concerns. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car has been sitting in a garage for 2 years