Q: Lights come up on the dash all the time

The check engine light and the service Stabilitrack lights keep coming on in my 2010 Chevy Silverado with 70,000 miles on the clock. The check engine light came on right before the truck started running rough, but the service Stabilitrack light turns on and off randomly and doesn’t affect performance. Are these lights related and do I need to service the engine and the Stabilitrack system?

These systems do work in tandem with each other but are two separate systems that would both need to be checked for problems. Contact YourMechanic to test and diagnose both lights coming on to see if from a common condition or two different issues. The two systems do communicate with each other on the vehicle network of systems, but this may not cause both lights to come on when one has an issue. Contact YourMechanic and have both systems scanned and diagnosed. Once the codes are received then a proper diagnosis can be done. The Stabilitrack system uses the engine, brakes, and steering to help control the vehicle and an engine code could cause the Stabilitrack to disable itself when engine is not running properly.

3. Lights come up on the dash all the time