Q: Rough ride

I just recently bought a 2011 civic and have noticed that every single bump in the road seems to feel like a pot hole and a pot hole seems to feel like a speed bump.... a speed bump seems to feel like a dirt bike jump

You can feel it from the tires to the steering wheel... what is it I'm looking for to replace... upgrade... look into...

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Before doing any testing, make sure the tires are properly inflated and in good condition. The first thing to do is called a "bounce test". It involves going to each tire, and pressing down on the fender/bumper. The goal is to make the vehicle bounce and see how many times it does. If it bounces back and forth more than 2 times, the shocks/struts are likely going bad. If you get a reasonable bounce or two, then you are likely having an axle or tire issue. The shocks are meant to absorb all of the shock from going over bumps, so you do not. It is likely that they are wearing down and may need to be upgraded. For more help resolving the rough ride, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.