Q: 2001 bmw 325xi P0174 and P0171 code,just had a tune up and one coil replaced car is stalling down,vibration and idle down when pre

asked by on April 08, 2017

P0174,codes...system too lean (bank 2) P0171system too lean (bank 1) ...2001 bmw 325xi. .just had oil change,tuneup because mileage, one coil replaced car is still idle high, vibration,when placing foot on gas the car stalls down with barley accelerating. ..then when i park the to allow it to run while in stand still mode. Then proceed to drive, it pickups some speed. Then cuts off. It starts up immediately with a fast jurk.can some please help me. Thanks

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The two codes that you have provided suggest these possibilities, at minimum, which possibilities may exist alone or in combination: an air leak after the mass air flow (MAF) sensor, such as a torn intake boot, or bad intake manifold gaskets; a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor; faulty oxygen sensor, incorrect fuel pressure, leaking positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve, clogged exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) port, and leaking brake booster. To get the actual fault(s) pinpointed and resolved, please simply request a check engine light diagnostic - DTC P0171, P0174 and the responding certified mechanic will get this investigated and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.