Q: Hi, I have 2007 mercedes banz and check engine light in my dashboard with a code P0017.

hi i have 2007 gl 450 and i got chaked engine light code p0017
what ihqve to do

With the code P0017, the crankshaft position sensor is not picking up the engines speed properly. Check the following areas for any issues to fix your P0017 code issue.

Check the following:

• The timing chain could be stretched
  • The timing chain tone ring on the crankshaft has slipped
  • There could be a broken Tone ring on camshaft
  • There could be damaged wiring to crankshaft position sensor
  • The timing chain tensioner could be damaged
  • The crankshaft balancer could have come loose

If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Hi, I have 2007 mercedes banz and check engine light in my dashboard with a code P0017.