Q: Squeaky sound in the front end. 2014 Chrysler 200

asked by on December 27, 2016

When I come to a stop or turn my steering wheel I hear a squeaky sound almost like a rusty spring being stretched out with rust on it. Would having a lube job done solve this noise problem?

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - it is not likely a lube job will correct this - there are not that many components in the suspension these days that are grease-able. The squeak you hear could be the strut bearing plates, which tend to squeak more easily in cold weather we are now experiencing. A good technican can, with a can of silicon spray lubricant, identify a squeak location, and eliminate, at least temporarily, the noise. I would recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.