Q: Squeaky sound in the front end. 2014 Chrysler 200

When I come to a stop or turn my steering wheel I hear a squeaky sound almost like a rusty spring being stretched out with rust on it. Would having a lube job done solve this noise problem?

Hello - it is not likely a lube job will correct this - there are not that many components in the suspension these days that are grease-able. The squeak you hear could be the strut bearing plates, which tend to squeak more easily in cold weather we are now experiencing. A good technican can, with a can of silicon spray lubricant, identify a squeak location, and eliminate, at least temporarily, the noise. I would recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Squeaky sound in the front end. 2014 Chrysler 200