Q: Hesitation when the 1999 Honda Civic Sedan goes downhill

I have a 1999 Honda Civic Sedan. Just recently I noticed the car starts to hesitate when it goes downhill, while I'm pressing the gas. There's no throttle spins when the hill begins to smoothes out. What could it be?

Going downhill? That’s interesting for this. Normally, they get problems when you are going uphill. If it’s hesitating going downhill and it’s not doing it when it goes uphill, unfortunately on that, if you have automatic transmission, it can be a sigh of automatic transmission going out.

Because normally, you have throttle problem going uphill. That means that either the fuel pump is weak, the fuel injectors are not working. But going downhill there is less strain on the engine, and the only thing that I’ve ever really seen that did that, was the transmission going out.

Or, say if your fuel pump has a problem in the gas tank with the feed, and the rubber was rotting, and the gas starts to slash when you go downhill, it could be problem with the fuel pump. You might have that checked out too. Because the fuel pumps and when you move it, the gas slouches into one end or the other and if your pump system has a problem and it doesn’t pick up right, it can do that. It can go one way or another or even on the left angle or the right angle.

A professional mechanic will be able to inspect your car’s hesitation if you need assistance getting this repaired.