Wondering cost for replacing a Lockup Solenoid on a 1997 ...

Q: Wondering cost for replacing a Lockup Solenoid on a 1997 Honda Accord, Diagnostic Code P1753 - car drives fine no slipping or shif

asked by on May 07, 2017

The D4 flashing light came on and the check engine light came on. Diagnostic code P1753 was told this is a lockup transmission solenoid. The car drives fine, no slipping or trouble shifting, only knew problem because of lights coming on. I am trying to figure out a rough cost for a repair. Thank you.

Hi there. The code you were given is a Honda / Acura specific OBD-II trouble code. It can be caused by Low transmission fluid level, dirty transmission fluid, torque converter clutch solenoid harness is open or shorted or a faulty torque converter clutch solenoid. Due to the multiple sources of this issue, providing you an estimate is very difficult. Since you have no symptoms beyond the warning light and trouble code, it would be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a warning light inspection to help pinpoint the source of this problem.