Q: My car has no spark - 1992 Audi 100

I bought a 1992 Audi that literally had thousands of dollars put into it and then was abandoned like 8 years ago in pristine condition. New paint, 3, 000 $ rims, new sterio, straight, all leather and fully loaded. It has no spark. Thats the only issue I can find. The computer was sent to audi and they went thru it and fixed whatever...the crank shaft position sensor was replaced, the cam shaft position sensor was replaced, the coil pack was replaced, the ignition module was replaced. The engine cranks over just fine and still no spark. New treated gas and new oil was put in it and I cant find any bad relays or fuses but I cant find the ignition fuse or relay because there are no covers to the fuse/relay boxes to tell which is which. Brand new vented battery in it also. The key doesnt work in the doors and the drivers side air bag was deployed but there was a recall on that so not because of a major accident. I dont know if its a key or an airbag situation? Any ideas? What now

First thing to check is what diagnostic codes the engine management system contains. Yes, even pre-OBD-II cars can have on-board diagnostics. In the fuse box, there are a pair of 2-pin connectors: one white and one black. With the ignition in the "ON" position, connect the right contact of each connector with a wire or paper clip for 3 seconds. The Check Engine Light will then flash (and repeat) a series of 4-digit Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).

These codes will indicate which component is thought (by engine management) to have a problem. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect for the Check Engine Light, get the codes, and suggest a course of action for repairing the car and figuring out why there is no spark.

3. My car has no spark - 1992 Audi 100