Q: Truck stallsl out when put in gear 1988 Ford F150

Ok I've been trying to figure this out. I have a 1988 ford f150 with the fuel injected 302 v8 5.0. So I know of couple of issues but not sure it's the cause of my problem.so when I got to start I put key in turn and I hear the fuel pump come on and I crank doesn't start so I wait a few seconds and try again starts right up.then I usually have to wait like 30 minutes before I can drive if I don't and just wait like 5 mins then i push the break and put it in drive and it dies and if I wait it will go in to drive and rpm drop to almost where it dies and then goes back up and and drops again and goes up and down for about 10 minutes.then somtimes when I start to press the Gass it's like it not getting enough gas or it doesn't have enough pressure but any adive would help .also the issues I do know I would like to know if they are connected to my problem i think my catalytic converter is bad. Need oil pan gasket trans pan gasket main seal gasket radiator leak and need freeze plugs ty I

Hi there - first task is to check for any problem codes. Your truck has OBD I diagnostics which, although not as precise as OBD II, can still be pretty helpful. Your poor cold start running may be due to a coolant temperature sensor problem, air leak in the intake, or idle air control malfunction. The catalytic converter will affect running after the engine starts to spin up more so than at an idle. Your other various fluid leaks need attention, but don’t necessarily affect the poor starting behavior your describe. I recommend a engine stalling inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Truck stallsl out when put in gear 1988 Ford F150