Q: Q: What does the check fuel fill inlet warning mean in the message center?

What does the check fuel fill inlet warning mean in the message center?

Today’s cars have very comprehensive emissions monitoring systems. Not only does the computer monitor the engine and the exhaust, but it also monitors your fuel system. If it detects an evaporative emissions leak (gas), it may display a warning in your message center that reads “Check fuel fill inlet”. This is the same thing as a “loose gas cap” warning in other cars, except that your car doesn’t have a gas cap. Here’s what to do:

1. Check the fuel filler door to make sure it’s closed.
  2. Check the fuel filler inlet to make sure that it sealed correctly.

Tip

If the message doesn’t clear after taking these steps or reappears, have the car inspected.

3. Q: What does the check fuel fill inlet warning mean in the message center?