Q: How often should I change the coolant?

How often should I change the coolant?

You should change your coolant every five years, or 150,000 mile-, whichever comes first.

Car will crank but not start

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the fuel pressure sensor. If there is 60 psi, then check for power at the sensor. If there is power, then check for resistance on the sensor with the key off and the...

Power window switch not working 2006 Chevrolet Impala

Hi there - check fuses/relays for the power windows first. If fuses and/or relays are good, your symptoms suggest that the power window master switch on the driver door panel has failed. I recommend a power window master switch replacement...

Battery charger makes loud noise when trying to charge battery?

Hi There, Most battery chargers on the market today have a couple of different settings. They will usually have a regular 12 amp charging mode, a 6 amp charging mode and a boost charging mode. The 6 and 12 amp...

Where is the body control module located on my pickup?

The BCM is under the center console up near the front near dash. One of the seats need to be removed first, then you will need to remove center console. Once the console is removed you can then access the...

What does the Shift P warning mean?

If your Altima is equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a start button, you may see the Shift P warning shown in the vehicle information display. This will show up any time you’ve pressed the push button to...

Car keeps dying & wont turn on once turned off. Alternator was tested & it's fine.What else could it be? A new battery was also bought.

Hi, it sound like you have a ground to chassis issue. What this does is complete a circuit and will slowly drain your battery. A couple of quick and easy checks is look at your black negative battery cable and...

What does the airbag Warning Light mean?

The airbag Warning Light is located on your instrument panel. This light illuminates when your airbag system is not operating properly. If the airbag Warning Light comes on, you should have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible. Tip The...

How do I mute?

To mute the sound system, simply press the Mute soft key. Press it a second time to unmute the system.

Intermittent Check Engine Light.

Hello. The P0013 code very common in this engine. This is due to a bad variable camshaft solenoid on the exhaust cam. These fail all of the time. It allows the computer to adjust valve timing for better economy and...