Q: Where is the starter located on my 2007 Mitsubishi raider?

I looked on some forums about why my truck won't crank and starter problems seem like my issue and I can hear a little whirring sound from near the alternator so I think the starter is near there but I'm not sure

Hi there. The starter location on your engine is on the driver side in the back of the engine. If there is a whirling noise by the alternator area when starting the engine up, then either there is a vacuum leak on the intake manifold or the alternator is failing inside caused by the bearing being out of lubrication. Look for any signs of vacuum leaks. A large vacuum leak will cause the engine to not start. If the starter is not engaging, then check the condition of the cables on the starter and on the battery and see if they are tight. A loose connection will cause the starter solenoid to not make a contact. To test the starter, after removing the starter, carefully hook up jumper cables to the terminals on the starter and on the battery of your car. This will engage the starter. If the starter does not engage, then it needs replaced. If the starter does engage, then there is either an issue with the wiring to the starter or the ignition switch is not working. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Where is the starter located on my 2007 Mitsubishi raider?