Q: Car shaking at 50 MPH

asked by on February 05, 2016

The car shakes when you go over 50 MPH.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Shaking at higher speeds is usually related to something that is rotating. Most of the time this will be the wheel and tire assembly. If you have tires that are worn unevenly, or if any of them have a manufacturer defect such as a slipped belt, this can cause a shake or vibration at higher speeds. Wheels that are out of balance can also cause this condition. I would recommend having your wheels balanced and your tires checked in order to correct this issue. Best case scenario is that the wheels are out of balance. Worst case scenario would be faulty suspension parts or bad tires.