Q: Will a ford escape 2002 transmission fit into a ford explorer 2002? (Not 4x4)

Will a ford escape 2002 transmission fit into a ford explorer 2002? (Not 4x4)

A: No, they are completely different. An Escap...

No, they are completely different. An Escape is a front wheel drive platform, an Explorer is a rear wheel drive platform. There are two options for a front wheel drive Escape. If your production date is before 11/18/01, and 11/19/01 and after for the 2002 model year. The only other compatible vehicle is the Mazda Tribute. A great resource I use is It has interchange information built in, and only displays parts that will work.