Q: Car shifting high when foot on gas pedal

My car has been shifting high when driving and then settles back as I take my foot off the pedal. Do the sensors that connect with my transmission need to be replaced?

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Transmission sensors are usually just to measure vehicle speed and sometimes rpm. I would think that a hydraulic or mechanical  transmission issue would be a more likely cause considering the symptoms. I would first start by checking the transmission fluid level and ensure it is within specification. If the fluid is low, this may be related to your issue and I would recommend adding some fluid. If the issue does not go away after adding fluid, I would enlist the assistance of a qualified technician to inspect your transmission for faults. Transmissions are very complex and can be difficult to diagnose properly.