Q: Transmission replacement - 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hi. I have Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, wk1 2006, 6.1 V8. VIN: 1J8HR783X6C256999. It has NAG1 W5A580 transmission which is now broken. 2nd to 3rd gear is slipping. Data logger shows no errors, oil is clear and has no signs of burned clutches (smell/colour). Recently replaced torque converter and all solenoids with valve body conductor plate and that didn't help. It Might be valve body itself but the one I got from ebay didn't work at all (used/faulty). Looking forward to replace whole tranny and main question is: will Grand Cherokee WK1 3.7 4x4 tranny fit in my SRT? Since I've read on forums that apparently 3.7 and 6.1 uses same NAG1 transmission.

Hello - yes, you are correct. Both the 3.7l and 6.1l Jeeps utilize the W5A580 transmission. Should be a straightforward swap. Torque converter may be different however (RPM range engagement), check your transmission supplier for details.

3. Transmission replacement - 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee