How do you use cruise control? cruise control altima niss...

Q: How do you use cruise control?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you use cruise control?

Your car is equipped with cruise control – a system that allows you to set a specific speed for the car. Once it’s set, you can take your foot off the gas and the car will maintain that speed. This helps alleviate fatigue, particularly on long drives. Here’s how to set it:

1. Make sure your car is traveling at least 25 MPH (maximum 89 MPH).

2. Push the on/off switch for the cruise control system.

3. Make sure the Cruise light turns on in the dash.

4. Make sure you’re traveling at the speed you want.

5. Press the set/coast button.

6. Make sure the Set light in the dash comes on.

7. Take your foot off the gas and relax (but pay attention to the road).

Tips

• To cancel cruise control, just tap the brakes, hit the cancel button or turn the switch to off.

• Press the clutch pedal in a stick shift to turn cruise off.

• Press the ACCEL/RES switch to speed up while in cruise control.

• Push and release (and repeat) the ACCEL/RES switch to speed up in increments of one mile per hour.