Q: Hi , my Acura TSX 2010 has 61000miles when do I have to change timing belt and water pump? Thanks

asked by on August 07, 2017

Want to know when do I have to change the timing belt .

Hi there. Generally speaking, Acura recommends replacing the timing belt and water pump on their 2.4 liter four-cylinder engines at 80,000 miles. However, among the two, the water pump tends to wear out quicker and show signs of damage. If the water pump is leaking or you are experiencing overheating symptoms, it’s recommended to replace both at the same time. You might want to use our online scheduled maintenance tool or download our free mobile app that will alert you when routine service is due.