Q: Rough idle when cold

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1997 BMW 760Li V-12. My car has 168,500 miles on it. It has a very rough idle when it’s cold and it stalls. After it’s warmed up it will delay and falter under light throttle. My check engine light never came on the first 12 times it did this. Do you know how I can fix this?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1997 BMW 760Li. Your problem has many potential causes. It could be anything from a failed mass airflow sensor to a worn fuel pump. The first step is to retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes associated with the Check Engine Light. These codes serve as a starting point for any further diagnostics. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your BMW by retrieving trouble codes.

3. Rough idle when cold