Q: Engine light fault. There was a bad spark plug and a failed ignition coil. Replaced both the coil pack or spark plug.

I got a fault that said cylinder #6 bad coil pack or spark plug Which is drivers side rear I replaced the coil pack and replaced all spark plugs. the plug looked fouled & black. reset the fault and then it came back again, and the after a few days goes away then back again

Hi there. If the light is coming on then shutting off and returning on, then if the issue is for the same coil, there could be an issue with the wiring on the coil plug. Check the wiring on the coil plug and see if the wires are split, broken, or burned. If there is nothing wrong with the plug, then the main engine harness has an issue / short and may need replaced. If you need further assistance with your ignition system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Engine light fault. There was a bad spark plug and a failed ignition coil. Replaced both the coil pack or spark plug.