Q: I installed new pads on front/back and new rotors on front only. I am now hearing a rubbing and screeching noise. Any idea what

I installed new pads on front/back and new rotors on front only. I am now hearing a rubbing and screeching noise. Any idea what this could be? It doesn't appear to be the same noise that I was hearing before I changes the pads. Sounds like metal scraping. THx

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2013 Acura MDX. You are most likely just hearing the material in the new metallic pads seating in to the rotors. The new pads on the rear old rotors will take longer to seat in and may be more noisy then if the rotors were replaced too. If you would like to have a mechanic diagnose the problem, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your car’s noises.

• I installed new pads on front/back and new rotors on front only. I am now hearing a rubbing and screeching noise. Any idea what