Q: 2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 in need of Front and Rear Rotors/Pads. Any recommendation as to what to replace them with and why?

2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Brakes need to be replaced asap. Front and Rear Rotors and pads. What brand/model do you recommend and why?

Thank you,

Hi Cris. Thanks for writing in today. In regards to replacement brake components, my general rule of thumb is that OEM is always the best solution. As much as I believe there are several great aftermarket components on the market these days, the truth is that other components that make up your ABS system were designed to work in conjunction with the OEM parts from the factory. Believe it or not, the difference in materials (especially with brake pads and rotors) can make a huge difference when stopping; especially in emergency situations. Due to those facts, and since brakes are really designed as a safety measure, I recommend OEM replacement brake parts.

3. 2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 in need of Front and Rear Rotors/Pads. Any recommendation as to what to replace them with and why?