Q: Speedometer is cutting off while driving then the car begins jerking

When I am driving, sometimes the speedometer turns off and then the car starts to jerk. It doesn't do it every time but sometimes.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds like the vehicle transmission speed sensor may be going bad, or the connector is damaged. Have the sensor and connector checked, and replace the sensor if the connector is okay.

If you would like help inspecting this, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.