Q: check engine light

asked by on July 19, 2016

Hi a couple weeks ago my radiator broke n the check engine light went off, i changed the whole radiator by myself after the shop told me thatvwas the problem but the check engine light is still on, is that a code theu need to get rid by their computer? R thers something else goin on?

When the radiator broke, the engine coolant sensor or other sensors may have set a code in the computer. These codes and the Check Engine Light will not go away until the vehicle is scanned and codes cleared if repairs have been made. Sometimes, the code doesn’t exactly tell you what the problem is and what repair should be done, it simply points you in the right direction of where the problem lays. I recommend having the Check Engine codes thoroughly inspected once more, and cleared if the issue has been resolved.