Q: Hit curb. Control arm bent.

Hit a storm drain in my patriot the other day. Driver side, lower control arm. About a minute from my house. Tore the wheel up and set it back a few inches to where it's running into the back wheel well. Control arm bent, from the looks of it other pieces are closer together when comparing to the passenger side. Potential other parts need replaced. Will the control arm replacement service cover the damage or will the mechanic assess the damage and fix all that needs to repaired? What to do next?

The best thing to do is to have a body shop with a frame straightness check machine to quote the repairs for your vehicle. If you have full coverage on your vehicle insurance then now would be a good time to contact them. The repairs may well exceed any deductible you may have. Since the wheel is set back so far you may have not only bent the lower control arm but also bent the vehicle frame that holds the control arm. I have seen accidents like this bend or damage frames, upper and lower control arms, spindles, shocks and struts, steering rack and pinion or steering linkages. Any of these components and many others can be damaged from such a hard hit. If you do want a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and take a look at the damaged and possibly be able to fix it on site then set up an appointment and have it looked at.