Q: Q: Oil temperature hotter and hotter

I am the original owner of my car and my question is regarding the oil temp. The oil temperature in my car seems to be growing hotter and hotter. Continually now, it runs between 230 and 250 degrees. Sometimes there is a cooking smell from the engine, as if it is cooking itself. I have been to several dealerships, plus a Porsche expert and all of them say the same thing, that it is normal. Is there a synthetic oil that could help to lower the oil temperature or what suggestions can you give?

Hello there, the vehicle’s oil temperature is critical for proper operation. An increase in oil temperatures can be due to a variety of different items. The most common would be due to low oil level, failing oil pump, improper oil viscosity, clogged oil passages, or the oil temperature sensor.

I’d recommend having the vehicle looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose the smell and determine if everything is as it should.

3. Q: Oil temperature hotter and hotter