Q: Car tries to turnover but won't start

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car wants to turnover but won't start. It has a new battery, and we tried to jump it.

Hi there. If your car is not turning over, despite a new battery and a jump, then it is probably not a battery problem. It may be possible that there may be a problem with the vehicle’s starter, or starting system, such as a bad starter, or perhaps relay or fuse for the system. As a problem like this is inherently electrical in nature, I would recommend having the vehicle’s electrical components inspected by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to ensure that the correct diagnosis and repair is made.