I hear a bird chirping type noise (or metal-on-metal) when accelerating

Every time I accelerate, a LOUD chirping type noise or I guess you could say metal-on-medal, comes from the front of the car. It last the whole time I'm accelerating and a little bit after when I take my foot off of the gas. It never happens when braking though. But I can't diagnosis what is it because I have no clue where to start

Hi there. The metal-to-metal sound coming from an engine during acceleration is commonly due to low oil levels. The sound is caused by the valves or cylinder head hardware clanking due to reduced oil pressure or improper lubrication. However, there are several mechanical problems beyond the motor that cause similar sounds, such as wheel bearings. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mechanic complete an inspection of the car noise.