Q: mass air flow sensor replace?

Ok so my car is doing this things where upon start up it has a low rpm. While driving and in first gear i am fine but as i get into 2nd gear the rpm drops and the car stops even though my pedal is floored. (car just got new spark plugs and full gas tank). I can the car and i get a P0113 code. My question is will replacing the mass air flow sensor fix this problem??

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The code you are getting is for a problem with the mass air flow sensor circuit. This does not mean replace the sensor. The code has a pinpoint test to follow that will test the sensor and sensor wiring and the engine computer circuit. Once the test is done then it may call for replacing the mass air sensor, which a technician from YourMechanic can do at your home or office.