Q: Whenever I turn on the climate control system, I hear a high pitched whine

I immediately hear a high pitched whine on all fan speeds but as I increase the speed, the frequency of the sound seems to change. It sounds as though the whine is coming from behind the glove compartment. The whine sounds electronic. It completely goes away when the climate control system is turned off.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your symptoms appear at first to be an issue with the blower motor. It is used to control the fan speed regardless of temperature. It is also located near where you report hearing the sound, and is electronically driven. Accessing the blower motor and replacing it can be intensive and require a lot of time. If you are comfortable testing with a voltmeter and removing the dash, you can do this repair at home. Otherwise you are going to want to seek professional help with testing the blower motor, and replacing it if needed. For more assistance with this, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Whenever I turn on the climate control system, I hear a high pitched whine