Q: 2006 Mercedes Benz E55 W211 has the SRS lights that stay on

I have a 2006 Mercedes Benz E55 W211 5. Recently the SRS lights started to stay on. What does that mean?

The light means that you have a problem with your air bag system also known as the SRS (safety restraint system). Those are very, very complicated systems. You’re going to have to find somebody who has a star level tester, those that Mercedes Benz uses and see what is wrong with the system. But you’ve got a problem in there somewhere that has to be recognized by the scan tool. So in the meantime, make sure you use your seat belts. Seat belts always work. You buckle them on around tight and you don’t have to worry about electronics. While it is tempting to ignore the SRS light, it puts you and your passengers in danger if you were to get in a major accident. If you want to have this taken care of, a technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your air bag light and make the needed repairs.

3. 2006 Mercedes Benz E55 W211 has the SRS lights that stay on