Q: How do you remove the electrical connector from the power steering pressure sensor on a 2007 AWD Nissan Murano.

asked by on August 15, 2016

It is on tight and covered by a boot, there does not appear to be any release mechanism. I'm reticent to use substantial force out of fear of breaking the connector.

If you can manage, try spraying a silicone lubricant onto the connector. There definitely is a release on the connector that will need to be depressed before removal. Sometimes it is easier if you push the connector onto the sensor to relieve any tension on the release and then pull the connector off. If you want to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to take a look at the electrical system and make any needed adjustments.