Q: Q: Check engine light

I have check engine light come on it was for the trans-range sensor and I replaced the part and since then it comes back on and off every so often what would cause that problem

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of possible causes for the check engine light to come on. The only real way to know what has caused the light to come on is to pull the diagnostic trouble codes with a code reader. Also, keep in mind that the codes that are retrieved are not necessarily telling you exactly what parts to replace, but are used as a hint as to where to start looking for a problem. If you feel you could use a hand in diagnosing and/or repairing a problem, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Q: Check engine light