Q: Tranny won't go into park 2009 Toyota Corolla

asked by on November 18, 2016

The car won't go into to park. Its not the shifter. I took the linkage off the tranny, and tried to manually put it in park and it won't go. I got a code for the range selector p0705. I'm not sure if that's the reason or not. I have drained the pan and put new fluid in it a few months ago.

Hello - the P0705 would normally indicate a mismatch between the shifter and the transmissions internally gear indicator. However your efforts to manually engage Park at the transmission is indicative of an internal transmission problem. For a professional 2nd opinion, I would recommend an inspection of the transmission and shifter to confirm the diagnosis of an internal problem. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.