Q: Tranny won't go into park 2009 Toyota Corolla

The car won't go into to park. Its not the shifter. I took the linkage off the tranny, and tried to manually put it in park and it won't go. I got a code for the range selector p0705. I'm not sure if that's the reason or not. I have drained the pan and put new fluid in it a few months ago.

Hello - the P0705 would normally indicate a mismatch between the shifter and the transmissions internally gear indicator. However your efforts to manually engage Park at the transmission is indicative of an internal transmission problem. For a professional 2nd opinion, I would recommend an inspection of the transmission and shifter to confirm the diagnosis of an internal problem. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Tranny won't go into park 2009 Toyota Corolla