Q: Q: Why won't my car start up?

Okay so my car only starts sometimes. We replaced the battery, tested the alternator, and there's no symptoms of it being the starter. What could it possibly be? It sounds like it wants to start but never actually turns over. Is it possible that my gas pump is messed up? My car has an automatic transmission.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the vehicle is cranking over, as in the starter is turning over the eninge (but it fails to start) then you are looking at a fuel or spark issue. If you are testing the battery and the alternator, then I am assuming the engine is not cranking over. A slow-crank or no-crank situation is likely a battery, starter, or starter relay issue. You can have the battery bench tested by a mechanic or at your local parts stores. These tests however do not test the strength of the starter but only it’s ability to spin freely. Most of the time the starter is to blame if the engine is trying to crank but is not cranking fast enough. You may want to consider replacing the starter.

3. Q: Why won't my car start up?