Why does my check engine light still come on in my 2014 H...

Q: Why does my check engine light still come on in my 2014 Hyundai Accent even after changing the fuel cap

asked by on April 27, 2017

gas cap has been replaced but the light comes on even after reset

Hello. The gas cap will not repair the issue unless that is the problem. Depending on what code is coming up will determine what is needed. I would start by scanning the computer for codes first to see what may be going on. If the code is a small leak in the evap system then it may be caused by a solenoid that is leaking or a hose that is leaking. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection