Q: Low air pressure symbol stays on after pressure has been corrected

Air pressure is good but the symbol for low air stays on

A: Each tire has a pressure sensor in the tire...

Each tire has a pressure sensor in the tire that has a battery built into the sensor. These batteries will last about 5 to 7 years before the battery goes bad. The sensor will need to be replaced to correct condition. You should have a tire shop test each tire sensor to see which one is not sending a signal and replace the sensor. You may find that all the sensors will die within the next 3 to 6 months so do not be alarmed when the light comes on again real soon after replacing the one bad sensor now. You may want to replace all the sensors the next time you replace all the tires. If you are in need of further help, consult a local tire expert for help with your tire pressure problem.