Q: p0141 error code

last month my check engine lite came on, took car to autozone they read the error, showed p0141. i came home and disconnected the battery for 30 min. the light went off and stayed off. but now we had very cold weather it was 5 degrees when i started the car, the check engine lite came on again it was error p0141 again, so i disconnected the battery again but the check engine lite came on without starting the engine, and stayed on when i started the car...my question is does the ecm check the heaters as soon as you turn the key to the on position?

Oxygen Sensor Replacement $108.80 - $869.59 Get a Quote

The heater in an oxygen sensor is used to get the oxygen sensor up to operating temperature quickly to allow the system to go into closed loop operation. The heater will only operate once per key operation, and only from a cold start. There are several parameters that must be met in order to keep the trouble code from appearing. This is actually a very common code that comes up when an oxygen sensor is beginning to fail. If you would like more help diagnosing and/or repairing your vehicle, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.