Transmission does not shift

When staring my car and putting in drive, reverse, 1,2,3 it doesn't go anywhere.. The car is warmed up to normal temp prior to that,it had moved about 30 ft after revving it for awhile but then stopped. fluid is dark and at max operating level and I had put Lucas in it almost 2 months ago.. It seems like fluid had froze because it was driving fine a few days ago before this 30 degree weather..

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. These types of symptoms can be especially profound when the weather is colder due to the viscosity (thickness) of the transmission fluid when colder outside. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.