Shifting an automatic transmission l4-2.5l altima nissan ...

Q: Shifting an automatic transmission

asked by on August 06, 2017

Is it bad to always manually shift my automatic transmission in the sport mode? Thank you

Sport mode permits gear shifting at higher engine RPM which favors quicker acceleration and more power. There could be some additional wear and tear on the vehicle drive train when using Sport Mode, whether the shifts are automatic or manually selected by the driver, but the extent of the wear depends on exactly how hard the vehicle is driven. If the objective is to minimize wear and tear on the vehicle drive train, the optimum strategy is automatic shifting without Sport Mode. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.