Q: Front passenger door lock is frozen.

Abt 3 month ago tried to open with remote. Wouldn't open. Tried key, turned left (locks door) w/o problem, but wouldn't budge to right to unlock position.. Tried from inside using handle and unlock button on driver door panel. Nothing. Friend took off gasket surrounding handle and unscrewed part to see if he could release it but couldn't do anything. We both read forums saying the that it's probably the actuator and needs to be replaced. I haven't had a real machanic look at the problem but he said it sounded right to him. Also, if door doesn't open how can the panel be taken off to replaced the part?

Door does not lock or open Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The door lock cylinder and actuator is not working and needs replaced. You can remove the door panel with the door shut, it just will be a little harder with the lack of space. If you need the door open, you can pop the door panel off from the inside of the car enough to get a screwdriver or a tool to manually turn the door lock and the actuator. Then the door should open and you would be able to remove the door panel all the way and replace the actuator and door lock cylinder. If you need further assistance with the door not unlocking and being stuck, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.