Q: My car ran out of gas and now it won't start - 2001 Infiniti QX4

asked by on October 24, 2016

Ran out of gas and now it don't start

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When you ran the fuel pump dry of fuel, the fuel pump may have seized up. Fuel pumps use the fuel in the tank to keep it cool so it does not overheat and also lubricates the internal parts as the fuel goes through it. Have the fuel pressure tested, and if the pump is not pumping after you put in at least 5 gallons, then replace the pump and filter.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why the car is not starting and suggest any needed repairs.