Q: I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and I need to replace the oil pan, will this require any other parts to be removed?

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and I need to replace the oil pan, will this require any other parts to be removed? And what kind of gasket will I need?

The oil must be drained first. The oil pans on these vehicles are typically stamped steel and don’t require the removal of any other parts other than a few brackets and fasteners to gain access to all of the oil pan bolts. Gasket maker is used on many of these types of oil pans, but if there is an actual pre-cut gasket available then these are a better choice as they tend to seal a little better. When using a sealer or gasket maker, the sealer must cure for several hours before any oil is added back to the engine. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out to take a look at what your needs are and offer an estimate to perform the oil pan replacement at your leisure.

3. I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and I need to replace the oil pan, will this require any other parts to be removed?