Q: 4Runner has no power in the engine.

Hi I have a 1990 Toyota 4Runner with the 3.0L V6 and it has a miss (sometimes more than one) but I believe there is another problem as it also has a rough idle and a major lack of power as it takes a long time to accelerate (about 15 seconds to get to 35) because the engine will not rev over 2k even with it floored (when in drive, will rev higher if shifted manually). I have replaced the plugs wires and air filter but to no avail. There is plenty of fuel getting to the engine too. I suspect a vacuum or EGR problem. The check engine light does come on but I don't know how to pull the codes as it is an OBDI and I only have an OBDII reader. Please tell me what you think the problem is based on this short description. Thanks

Check the engine for a vacuum leak and see if the valve on the brake booster is leaking. Also check the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) is stuck on all the time. A vacuum leak or the EGR being stuck on all the time will cause the engine to operate with a loss of power and may overheat. If you need further assistance with your engine having a loss of power, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 4Runner has no power in the engine.