Q: Camshaft position sensor keep failing after i replace it. after 2 miles the check engine comes back on for that sensor 2003 BMW 745Li

camshaft positon sensor keeps failing after i replace it

Hello - you don’t mention the specific problem codes you are getting, but the problem you are having may not be the cam sensor itself. Rather, the problem could be the "v-shaped" timing chain guide between the cylinder banks. This engine is notorious for wear on this guide, which changes cam timing for Bank 2 (passenger side) of the engine, and causes a variety of cam timing problem codes. I recommend a loss of power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Camshaft position sensor keep failing after i replace it. after 2 miles the check engine comes back on for that sensor 2003 BMW 745Li