Q: Difficult to control in wind and veers above 60 mph

I’m concerned about my van having a faulty rollover stability control system. When the wind is blowing, I have trouble controlling the van and the rollover control system begins to slow down the different wheels. I went to the dealer, but they told me that my van is working as it was designed to perform. This problem is truly very dangerous! It can be terrifying on windy days. Even on clear days, I still struggle to keep in my lane when driving 60 mph and above and it veers left to right and back/forth randomly. I’m scared to drive my own van! Can you tell me how to get this fixed?

A: Hello there. This sounds like a more unusua...

Hello there. This sounds like a more unusual situation. Ford uses the rollover stability control system as an additional safety feature to help prevent rollovers. A bit of body movement in normal wind speeds would not be abnormal. It should not feel terrifying though. The most likely cause of this is either the yaw sensor or a speed sensor. These sensors helps the computer get a better picture of the vehicle's orientation and speed in order to actively stabilize the car. I would recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose this fault and perform any repairs required.